Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
malaysia an islamic state

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: malaysia an islamic state Reply with quote

Heading towards theocracy.
Nyamuk Media, Malaysiakini
Mar 26, 2006

In 1993, PAS enacted Kelantan's Hudud bill.

In 2000, our then prime minister (Dr. Mahathir Mohamad) proclaimed that Malaysia is an Islamic state.

In 2003, the Malaysian government provided confirmation to Suhakam that Malaysia is an Islamic state. Please refer to Page 285 of Suhakam's 2003 annual report for this relevant justification.

In 2006, an independent commission said that nude ear-squats were not 'syariah compliant'. The Attorney-General's Chambers now has a unit that is sifting through Malaysia's laws to ensure that they are all syariah compliant.

Also in 2006, the minister in the prime minister's department threatens non-Muslims with legal action for utterances on Islam or which may be deemed (using what criteria?) inciting Muslims.

And again in 2006, policewomen, regardless of faith, are compelled to wear a tudung at all official events.

Our nation's relentless march towards a theocracy is gaining speed.
malaysiakini.

if one cannot succeed or compete successly in technology, maybe another sector to excel in is theocracy.. maybe that will be better for malaysia.. be a full islamic state, practise islam to the fullest.. muslim or non muslims, all have to embrace muslim laws and practices.. better still, all become muslims. then they will be peace and harmony..

but would there be a distinction between bumiputra muslims and non bumiputra muslims in terms of govt handouts, job opportunities, education opportunities?
wx93

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put religion into politics will never work.. both must be seperated.

cos the one who suffer will be the people.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't read the malaysian leaders mind.. but one thing for sure, they have no answers to the encroachment of the religious leaders into state affairs..

taking a tough stand would only get them be branded as anti islam.. such a title can cost political career if not lost of life.

or maybe they really believe that islam and the islamic way of life is the best for the country, and for its people, muslims or non muslims..
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all our visitors, welcome to Malaysia.

As we become islamised daily, it is a matter of time that we will become a full islamic state.

For the time being, public hugging and kissing are now an offence and those indulging in such activities publicly can be jailed for one year.

More islamic laws and moral conducts will be introduced in a matter of time and we will keep all our visitors duly informed to prevent them from running foul of our islamic laws.

Please enjoy our hospitality.

Inshallah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> World Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: